Website Manager

Our History

We are not makers of history. We are made by history.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

1900: The Club opened on March 5, in one room in Renne Building, Fenn Street. 
Equipment included table games and a few boys' books. 
324 Members 2 Staff

1901: Expanded into three rooms in rear of the Renne Building. There was a game room, a reading room, and a small gymnasium.
First Savings department opened. 
517 Members  3 Staff

1902: Started woodworking class. Occupied four rooms. One shower/bath was installed.
572 Members 3 Staff

1903: Mechanical Drawing course was founded. The Club now had five rooms, and a small summer camp.
614 Members 4 Staff

1905:
Incorporated. 6 Rooms. Summer Camp. Total Expenses for the year= $2,050.
836 Members  7 Staff

1906: 
Started Art classes. 7 Rooms. Entered "new club house" on March 19th with 840 members, after a week 386 new members joined.
1,226 Members  11 Staff

Copyright © 2017 Boys & Girls Club of Berkshires  |  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use  Log In
Blue Sombrero & Dick's Sporting Goods